In Memory of Life: Living with Strong Convictions.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Living with Strong Convictions.

I know.
I believe.
I'm persuaded.
I'm committed.

Many of us, in journeying through life, forget what's important. Over the past few days, I've been talking about commitment, but reading today, I realized that that isn't all there is to it. I realize that apart from being committed, we need to be convicted of what we want.

Especially in the Christian tradition, every week, millions upon millions of people attend services. The question is: are they convicted enough to serve God, by giving their lives for Him.

We need to know what we believe in, be persuaded by it, and be committed to it. For St. Paul, it was all about conviction:

"For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day." [2 Timothy 1:12 NKJV]

It is this very conviction which lead the Christian faith where it is now - with leaders and teachers of such great faith that they would give it all up for God.

What's amazing is how much a little conviction can do: think of Mother Theresa, of Pope John Paul II, of St. Paul and St. Peter. The faith of the church has grown because of the conviction of these people. This is why I'm praying for everyone to have strong convictions, and faithful convictions for their lives.

Amen.

No comments:

Bible Verse of the Day