In Memory of Life: Learning to Let Go

Monday, June 25, 2007

Learning to Let Go

The thing is, lately, I've tried to figure out how to fix things. I realize that it was never open for my heart to connect. I've honestly never known how to fix things. It was never me. I realize that now.

When I've been able to help people successfully, it's always been because I honestly want to see them getting closer to God, to see them happy, to be able to heal them. I realize that when I've tried to help them, because I want to get close to them, it's never helped the situation.

Taking this into consideration, I did a bit of research. I found out what my Guardian Angel's name is, and looked at what his attributes are. His name means "God who heals." In every aspect of my life, it's like he has been meshed with my spirit by God. It's exactly as it is; God allows me to heal people's hearts when it's for Him, that's when I can be most successful. Otherwise, I'll end up failing to heal them at all.

So, today, my invocation through my angel, the Archangel Raphael, and prayer to God, is this:

God, I am far too often influenced by what others think of me. I am always pretending to be either richer or smarter or nicer than I really am. Please prevent me from trying to attract attention. Don’t let me gloat over praise on one hand or be discouraged by criticism on the other. Nor let me waste time weaving imaginary situations in which the most heroic, charming, witty person present is myself. Show me how to be humble of heart, like you. Let me be me, and over all, serve You, for You.

Amen.

No comments:

Bible Verse of the Day