In Memory of Life: So This "Studying" Thing Kind of Stinks...

Saturday, August 18, 2007

So This "Studying" Thing Kind of Stinks...

I'd like very much to rather NOT do it, but what choice do I have? Maybe I'm just really tired. I guess I'm really going to have to focus tomorrow. Anyways, what's new with me lately?

First off, studying has been keeping my mind off my heart. I've kinda let my imagination run wild again. I've been dreaming crazy dreams (if you call it dreaming!) and writing down my craziest thoughts. My room is finally clean (sort of..) and I'm almost all set for the upcoming school year. The weather's been really nice here, not as hot as it has been lately. I guess this time of year, although hectic, has been kind of a blessing.

It's been really nice to get back in touch, and realize that beyond all this is a sense that after all I've gone through, I'm still just me.

On a sadder note, it's been almost two weeks since Christina disappeared. As usual, she's still in my prayers, and all of us miss her. It's incredible the effect she's had on us with all she's been through with us. But at this stage, what's more amazing is how people are being called to pray together, which proves to me how awesome a community is, when God uses a single person to speak. And so, I'd like to end this blog as usual, with a prayer.

Lord God, there are so many things in our lives that we need to pray for, but only in your time, only according to your will. Lord, we want to thank you for the chance to grow together in prayer, and to know that you truly are present. We want to pray in thanksgiving for every blessing, as well as every trial, you've given us. We also want to pray, for the people who are going through tough times, that they keep faith in you, that they never let go of their focus, and that their hearts remain forever yours. Lord, most of all, we want to pray for the CFC YFC Conference happening this weekend, that it be a blessing and inspiration to everyone, that it shows people the real meaning of "Call for Hope," that they never lose hope in You, knowing you will bring Christina home, wherever that is for her now. Amen.

No comments:

Bible Verse of the Day