In Memory of Life: Doing the Work of the Lord, to Glorify the Lord of the Work

Friday, May 18, 2007

Doing the Work of the Lord, to Glorify the Lord of the Work

I was just thinking to myself and reading up for my poetry class, meanwhile playing some music in the background. At the moment, I was listening to "Center of My Life" by Hillsongs London. And in listening to this particular song, the two words that kept going through my mind were, "Your majesty." I find this so centering because it seems to me, I never thought of calling Jesus anything but Lord and King. Then it hit me...Jesus is King, and a king, by virtue of that title, also has the name "His Majesty." It's supposed to be a factor showing how important it is, more than working for God, to glorify God - the reason we work for God, is because doing the work of the Lord is meant to glorify the Lord of the work.

Anyways, I've been busy a bit lately, and I took this time to write this because I felt like I needed to respond to that thought.

So I pray today in thanksgiving for the amazing weather we're having here, and in a humble prayer to bless those not so fortunate, that even in those times, they may find God at work in their lives.

Amen.

No comments:

Bible Verse of the Day